This panel will set the stage for the overall discussion: from the statistical analysis of the digital divide in the Americas to the new legal and political environment that the new communication technologies and news platforms are facing in countries such as Cuba, Haiti, Venezuela, and Ecuador.
• Moderator: Eduardo Gamarra, Professor, Professor, Political Science, FIU
• Maarten Boute, Chairman, Digicel, Haiti
• Alan Albarran, Professor of Media Management and Economics at University of North Texas
• Juan Pablo Ferro, Researcher, Digital Technologies, Education and Media, Universidad del Norte, Colombia
• Ricardo Trotti, Executive Director, Inter American Press Association